Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Please help my computer is taking very long to open programs and is freezing up a lot?

my AVG antivirus and spyware programs tells me my computer is clean and free from infections.



when online my computer runs great no problems



but when off line it freezes a lot and takes very long to open some programs could you tell me what could be causing this and how to fix this problem



many thanks



Please help my computer is taking very long to open programs and is freezing up a lot?antispam



hi mate



most of these answers are basically the same,for example running the msconfig utility will only speed up your start up times but not your actual p.c,s performance



and removing old files and temporary folders will free up space but not increase speed



the only sure fire way to improve your systems speed is a increase in memory,i have recently increased my system ram from 1gb to 2gb and trust me it runs so much better,and it makes using the p.c more enjoyable were as before it became a drag waiting for programs to finish



so upgrading your memory will improve the p.c,s speed but the system crashes still need investigation



most of the time system crashes are due to hardware,for example a corrupt memory module or even a hard drive thats on its way out,i have even suffered system crashes due to a faulty ide cable,this happened for a 3 month period and even mates couldnt diagnose the problem



however since the problem occured when i inserted a dvd/cd disk,i decided one day to replace the dvdrw and as i removed the ide cable the plastic slave connector on the ide cable literally fell to bits in my hand,so a 拢2-50 replacment and the problem was sorted

No comments:

Post a Comment