Friday, August 20, 2010

What programs do you recommend instead of Norton?

I have just removed Norton Antivirus, personal firewall, Privacy Control, Antispam, and Parental Control after my registration expired. I have downloaded Avast AntiVirus, but would like to know of other decent free programs to replace the rest of my Norton product. Is Windows Security Firewall etc enough or good enough?



What programs do you recommend instead of Norton?hijack this



Avast is very good!



Please don't download and run any other Anti-Virus package, since that could result in conflicts.



However, I would reccommend that you download and use Advanced WindowsCare v2 Personal 2.10.32158.



This free license home users Package does a lot of Clean Up Jobs that Avast doesn't do and is something that will complement it rather than get into a conflict with Avast.



You can download your free copy from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4991.h...



I'm sorry, but there isn't any UK Mirror where you can download it from there, but, if you don't like the US Mirrors, you can use the Aussie ones there.



All the best.



Cheers.



PS,



The Yanks aren't all that bad, luv.



What programs do you recommend instead of Norton?liveupdate



computer assoicates,internet security suite
McAfee
I use AVG and Zone Alarm, both free and both seemingly effective. I gave up on Norton after downloading a new subscription which stopped my computer working. They never questioned why I wanted a refund so they must know of problems.
I run Bullguard and you can get a free trial of this from them Its a good system and I can recomend it .Good luck
actually although i swear by PANDA , windows firewall in sp2 is not a bad product as i had to use it on my other desktop for a month until i bought an additional license for panda but now i believe that pandas 2007 product comes with 3 licenses instead of 1 now. it's not free but it's worth it if you value your pc. :-)
grisoft, free edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment