Friday, August 20, 2010

I cannot ';open and run'; .EXE files. How can I fix this problem?

I am running Kapersky AntiVirus at this time since it was a 30 day free trial and I could have them scan and fix ''computer to computer''. My computer is now considerably more stable, but I still have 2 bogus ''security alert'' pop-ups, and I cannot run the EXE files.



Remember**** I can't download CCleaner, or anything else in order to fix it. Please help!



I cannot ''open and run'' .EXE files. How can I fix this problem?triumph



Look in the options section of your antivirus and see if there is an option disallowing execution of files. (exe) If not, try opening up the run command and typing in whatever EXE you want like explorer.exe or winamp.exe etc.



I cannot ''open and run'' .EXE files. How can I fix this problem?worms



Try downloading the .exe fix from this site.



http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.ht...



Open the zip file with winzip, winrar or peazip.



double click the reg file inside, it will prompt you if you want to merge the registry file. Click yes.
Dear User,



Your computer has been hit by a worm or virus and you should run a good antivirus scanner and as yu say that a =n antivirus is already running on your system and those exe files does not work because they would have been infected and if you want to try another antivirus then I will suggest NOD32 antivirus which is not heavier and very useful in dealing with viruses or worms. Thanks
Try running the computer in safe mode by pressing F8 while it is starting and selecting safe mode. when asked if you would like to use system restore, press yes and restore your system to an earlier time. If you are unable to run system restore then you may have to backup your precious files and reinstall windows. This is a registry problem but you cannot run a registry editing utility if you cannot run .exe files!
Try temporarily disabling your anti-virus while opening your executable file.



If that does not work, add extra details like a screenshot or a description of exactly what happened



P.S. I don't use anti virus 'cause I'm not stupid enough to open Ms-dos apps! Or .exe files that aren't programs or something like that!
Uninstall Kapersky and install avast free version.



It is so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment