Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I speed up my computer?

Microsoft Windows XP



Media Center Edition



Version 2002



Service Pack 2



Dell Inspiron I6000



Intel(R) Pentium(R) M



processor 1.70GHz



209MHz, 504 MB of RAM (isn't that supposed to be 512?)



Used space: 18.9 GB



Free space: 32.0 GB



I do a quick scan with antivirus and antispyware every day, and a full scan once a week. I used disk defragmenter and cleanup last night.



I usually download stuff at about 200 KBs per second, but for the past few days I've only been able to download at about 50 KBs per second. Other stuff like internet explorer and pretty much everything is going slow too.



I have a good dsl internet connection so don't suggest that. I've also done scans with many antivirus and antispyware programs, so I'm pretty sure I don't have any of that.



The only thing that runs on start up is my internet. At msconfig under services everything is checked, should I change that?



That's about all I can think of... If I think of anything else I'll add it.



How can I speed up my computer?pc security



Hi. IE7 has some new filtering added which runs every time you go to a site or download. Some can be adjusted or turned off. This may help. Check Task Manager to find out what is actually running and shut down unneeded processes.



How can I speed up my computer?symantic

No comments:

Post a Comment