Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can someone tell me what's wrong with my computer?

hi i hav quite a few things rong wid my del laptop.



1)my avg free edition (antivirus) always says that i need 2 restart my comp to finish off updates. i hav tried setin it so that it either updates on next comp restart or restart immediately with user confirmation. neither work. i dnt want 2 hav 2 restart my comp as soon as i hav turned it on. my other comp doesnt do this, it always downloads the update file when i log on, and presumably updates wen i turn it of, as i never get this mesage.



2) the avg control centre always started up wen i loggd on but now it doesnt. how can i fix this so that it does? i canot find the option 2 do this in avg options.



3)also, evrytime i log on, a mesage sayin 'error loading cbabb.dll' or sumin like that comes up. i wil edit my question and give exact details of wat it says next time i log on.



thanks.



ps. my os is windows vista home premium.



Can someone tell me what's wrong with my computer?norten



There may be a problem with a DLL not being registered properly.



Uninstall AVG, reboot the PC, and then re-install AVG, using the latest version from their web-site.



Can someone tell me what's wrong with my computer?panda



yeah the avg thing you got going on uninstall avg . shut down your pc.then start it back up then download avg again it should work fine then and update without any probs hope this helps.
Probably a virus. Try restoring your HDD. Or installing a new virus scanner. Its probably infected your scanner as well.



To restore:



Boot up.



System diagnostics or something(It will show on your computers logo screen)



Restore HDD



  • being married and
  • unusual name opinions
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment