Friday, August 20, 2010

Why don't my programs run inspite of 1GB RAM ?

Hi,



i use windows xp home edition. I have 1GB ram, yet at times it so happens that when i launch a program it doesnt open up beyond the splash screen. This happens when i have a few windows already open, typically its 2-3 browser windows, yahoo messenger windows, windows live e-mail and some graphic editing or html editing programs. I also have copernic desktop search indexing my computer and AVG antivirus. Zonelabs firewall is active all the time. Mailwasher Free is also resident in my taskbar and frequently checks mail on my pop3 server.



I'd like to know that inspite of having 1 GB ram why is it that some programs dont launch? They launch only after i have shut some of my open windows.



Believe that 1GB ram should be good enough to typically open 8-10 windows of the most often used programs e.g. graphic editors, html editors, word processor, yahoo messenger, anti-virus, etc.



Why don't my programs run inspite of 1GB RAM ?nortin



The RAM has nothing to do with a program not opening, it would tell you that there wasn't enough system resources if that were the case. I have this problem at times to yet I haven't found a solution to it yet. I think it's a software bug and not hardware related. Most of the time with me it happens with EA made files, they never had good coding to begin with though. Does it only happen with certain files or programs?

No comments:

Post a Comment