Monday, August 16, 2010

Why is my new vista laptop slow?

I know that relatively, my laptop (the new compaq presario v3000) should be fast. It has good specs (1GB RAM, 1.66Ghz Core 2 duo). My friend bought an acer with the same specs, but his laptop is faster. is it due to the antivirus (avast free) i have installed? I also want to upgrade my RAM. But how do I get to know if I can upgrade it? Thanks lots



Why is my new vista laptop slow?suzuki



I recently got a Dell laptop with an Athlon 64 processor and 1GB of RAM, and it has Vista. It seems like it boots awfully slow and it loads programs slow too. I'm going to try uninstalling the antivirus like someone else said, but I really think it's Vista!



Anyway, I heard a story about a tech from IBM who said Vista really needs 4GB of RAM to run effectively. Is it true? I wouldn't be surprised... but then again he also says you need 2GB of RAM for Windows XP, and I don't really agree with him there. 512MB is probably ok, and 1GB seems plenty good.



As for finding out if you can upgrade it, Crucial is pretty good in this respect. They can usually tell you exactly how big of and how many sticks of RAM your machine will support. According to them your machine comes with 2 slots and can support up to 2GB of RAM, so if you want to upgrade you would need to buy two 1GB sticks of RAM. You could buy one 1GB stick of RAM, but (almost definitely) it has two 512MB sticks right now, so you'd only be upgrading to 1.5GB.



  • being married and
  • red acne spots on face
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment