Friday, August 20, 2010

Is it only me?

or does everyone find windows (if you have an antivirus and firewall installed) a lot easier to use than linux



i mean i will be honest ,my windows is pirated ,i have downloaded every software that i use ,like ms office ,photoshop and antivirus from torrent sites and



even though linux is legal and free ,its so difficult to use



the only decent distro i thought was ubuntu ,but now i have removed it also ,i can't even connect my cellphone in it ,



and plz dont even mention mac ,its crap



Is it only me?trojan



well everyone is used to using windows and that is the only reason why we find it so difficult to move to a Linux OS.



Ubuntu is really a nice distribution of Linux. I am using it myself. But more of it is like that I use Linux some kind of pressure when I have to write programs and stuff. So it is very developer friendly but a common day to day user might find it hard to use just like you are experiencing,



It takes a lot of patience to get it going as you might not find each and everything available in Ubuntu to support all your hardware. I went almost crazy at first while setting up my WiFi connection.



As I can see you are not interested in spending money otherwise I would have suggested you to take paid support from Ubuntu that works mostly. For now if you choose to continue with Ubuntu then try going through there forums and it can really be very time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment