Friday, August 20, 2010

4 questions for anyone who knows anything about computers?

Please try to answer any or all of these questions. THANKS!



1. The sound on my computer isn't working anymore. The speakers are plugged in and the light turns on, also the volume is not on mute, but they just don't work. Where can I download sound?



2. I need a good antivirus program for my computer, but it has to be free. Just a basic, good one that protects. Ideas?



3. I have Microsoft word, but I want a font called Dingle Berries, and it doesn't have it. Any way to download that one font to use on Word?



4. Is it real bad to download iTunes or Limewire? I need them to get songs on my iPod, but they have viruses and stuff. Is there a safe way to use them?



Please, just answer as many as you can, or just one, and I'll be grateful!



4 questions for anyone who knows anything about computers?suzuki



1. Try uninstalling the drivers for your audio hardware and restarting your pc. During the restart Windows ''should'' redetect your hardware and then reinstall the correct drivers.



To do this open Device Manager:



-Right click My Computer and slide down and select



''Properties''.



-Click the ''Hardware'' tab.



-Click on ''Device Manager''.



-In Device Manager double click on ''Sound, video, and game controllers''. Look for your audio hardware. On my pc it is ''Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio-Realtek 880/860'', yours will probably be different but should have some indication of the manufacturer (like Realtek or Creative or???'').



  • being married and
  • unusual name opinions
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment